Consider the hundreds of documents you have to process every day in order to run your business. Consider all of the time it takes to interface all of these documents with other businesses and systems in order to keep moving forward. Are you as efficient as you need to be to succeed?
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solutions are designed to help you manage this massive amount of paperwork. Savings in time, potential errors from mistyped or incorrectly logged information, the impact on the environment—all of these are important considerations when you’re looking into an EDI solution for your business.
- EDI continues to prove its business value by lowering costs, improving speed, accuracy and business efficiency. The greatest EDI benefits often come at the strategic business level.
- Expenses associated with paper, printing, reproduction, storage, filing, postage and document retrieval are all reduced or eliminated when you switch to EDI transactions, lowering your transaction costs by at least 35%.
- EDI can speed up your business cycles up to 60%. Process transactions in minutes instead of the days or weeks required when using traditional paper-based systems.
- Improves data quality, delivering at least a 30-40% reduction in transaction errors-eliminating problems resulting from illegible handwriting, lost faxes/mail and keying errors.
- Enables real-time visibility into the status of transactions. This in turn enables faster decision-making and improved responsiveness to changing customer and market demands, and allows businesses to adopt a demand-driven business model rather than a supply-driven one.
Like our Aidant Technologies page on LinkedIn to see more content like this on a regular basis.